Bachelor of Vocational Studies
10+2 or equivalent.
Minimum Duration: 3 year's
Maximum Duration: 5 year's
Semester Wise: Rs. 27,200/-
Total Course Fee: Rs. 81,600/-
B.VOC IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT(B.Voc)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF. The B.Voc. programme is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
In December 2011, Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) to provide immediate and definite interventions to improve the lives of the disadvantaged and marginalized youth, especially who are excluded by the formal school education system, through appropriate vocational training programs. It has been set up with a vision of creating an ecosystem that would bring back the dignity of labor for blue collar streams of work and create sustainable sources of income. This project has been initiated under the aegis of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) proposed by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
- The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in Software Development and will be offered under the aegis of TISS.
Considering the work integrated approach adopted by TISS: SVE the industry will be open to employ the students attached with them for the purpose of training as full time employees. We can assist in placements after completion of the course but no guarantee can be given.
The curriculum will be designed in a manner that at the end of year
1, year-2 and year-3, students are able to meet below mentioned level descriptors for level 5, 6 and 7 of NSQF, respectively:
BVOC-SD 1.1 IT Foundations & Programming Concepts
BVOC-SD 1.2 Web Designing
BVOC-SD 1.3 Programming in C
BVOC-SDP 1.4 Vocational Practical
GE 1.1 Functional English
GE 2.1 Personal Grooming
GE 3.1 Computing Skills Course
- BVOC-SD 2.1 Database Management Systems
- BVOC-SD 2.2 Object Oriented Programming with C++
- BVOC-SD 2.3 Computer Communication & Networks
- BVOC-SDP 2.4 Vocational Practical
- GE 4.1 Communication Skills
- GE 3.2 Computing Skills Course
BVOC-SD 3.1 Programming With Visual Basic.Net
BVOC-SD 3.2 Data Structure
BVOC-SD 3.3 Web Development using PHP
BVOC-SDP 3.4 Vocational Practical
GE 5.1 Financial Literacy
GE 6.1 Digital Literacy
GE 7.1 Basics of legal and HR policies
- BVOC-SD 4.1 Object Oriented Programming with JAVA
- BVOC-SD 4.2 Linux Operating System —Operations & Management
- BVOC-SD 4.3 Software Engineering
- BVOC-SDP 4.4 Vocational Practical
- G.E 1.2 Functional English-II
- G.E 8.1 Basics of Accounting
BVOC-SD 5.1 Concepts of Data Mining
BVOC-SD 5.2 Software Testing & Project Management
BVOC-SD 5.3 Multimedia Tools and Applications
BVOC-SDP 5.4 Vocational Practical
G.E 4.2 Communication Skills-II
G.E 9.1 Health and Fitness
G.E 10.1 Basics of Economics and Markets
- BVOC-SD 6.1 Android Mobile Application Development
- BVOC-SD 6.2 Technology Trends in IT
- BVOC-SD 6.3 Web application development with ASP.NET MVC & C#
- BVOC-SDP 6.4 Vocational Practical
- G.E 11.1 Entrepreneurship
- G.E 12.1 Employment readinesses