Certificate Course in Data Entry and Office Automation (Direct)
Objective of the Course: To provide an in-depth training in use of data entry, internet and internet tools. The course also helps the candidates to get acquainted with IT.
Learning Outcomes: After completion of the course, students would be able to documents, spreadsheets, make small presentations and would be acquainted with internet and will have good typing speed.
Introduction to computer, History, characteristics, components
- Candidates should have understanding of computer architecture.
- Candidate should have clear understanding of hardware, softwareand their applications.
- Candidate should know about the peripheral devices used with computer
- Candidates should know the applications of ICET
- Knowledge of Data types.
Introduction to GUI Based Operating System
- Candidate should understand all popular operating systems.
- Understanding of basic features of various windows editions.
- Candidate should be able to understand various settings of operating system.
- Clear understanding of MS DOS
- Performing file and directory management.
Concept of Data processing
Concepts of Hardware and Software Representation of Data/Information
Elements of word processing
- Candidate should understand how to open and close a document in MS word.
- Candidate should be able to create and manipulate text.
- Candidate should be able to do formatting of text.
- Clear understanding of table manipulation. point presentation
Spread sheet elements. Manipulation of Cells
- Candidate should know all the elements of electronic spreadsheet
- Candidate should be able to do manipulation of cells
- candidate should know how to work with functions and charts
Cross reference, table of contents. Mail Merge
Power point presentations
- Learn to know the basics of PowerPoint
- Learn to create PowerPoint, apply styles , aesthetics effects on it
- Learn to prepare Slide show
Basics of E-mail. Opening Email Client
- Basics of Networking
- 2.Study of various networking methodology
- Introduction to web browser and WWW
- How to use various search engines
Basics of Computer Networks
Soft Skills: Personality Development. Writing Skills, File Handling
- Basics of soft skills
- Group Discussion
- Interview preparation
• Data Entry / Typing computer
- Typing with criteria of a minimum typing speed 35 wpm on computer or 10500 key depressions per hour.